Legislative Breakfast Toolkit
A suggested timeline for planning your breakfast
Local committees form and have first meetings
Schedule event dates, typically Fridays, 8-9am, between the end of January and early March
Determine host libraries
Contact area legislators for availability
Inform MBLC and Legislative Committee of confirmed dates and locations
Meet with host libraries to discuss menu, set up, programs, reimbursement, etc.
Menus can be anything from continental breakfast to full sit down offerings, depending on host library and budget.
Send out fund raising letters to Friends Groups/Trustees
Confirm speakers for programs, including MBLC
Prepare invitations and programs for printing. Include Library Legislative Day date on program.
Plan press releases and other PR
- Send out invitations
- Fundraising reminders
- Record RSVPs
- Stay in contact with legislators and others who have agreed to speak
- Send out PR
- Prepare sign in sheets for attendees. Prepare other handouts. MBLC will bring agenda copies and other materials
- Reimburse host libraries
- Inform MBLC and Legislative Committee of attendance
- Ask host library directors to send thank you notes to legislators
- Send “thank yous” to host libraries