The MLA PR Committee is responsible for two MLA awards. On odd year the MLA Public Relations Awards are presented at Annual Conference. On even years the MLA Hall of Fame Awards are presented at Annual Conference. For details on the specific awards, please visit the links below.
Coordinate promotion and judging of the Public Relations awards to be presented at the 2007 Annual Conference.
Act as a resource for the Conference Committee, to evaluate conference communications and promotions, e.g., adding information to conference speaker form, requesting permission for materials for online program content and webliographies.
Act as a resource for the Legislative Committee, to evaluate communications.
Evaluate and update Web site and electronic communications.
- Initiate needs analysis for redesign
- Launch new design and make recommendations to improve electronic communications.
- Gather and respond to member feedback on new design.
Make recommendations on MLA’s association identity, on areas including:
- Institution of regular press/media releases to major outlets on issues of importance
- Establishment of protocol for handing inquiries from reporters/media.
- Arrangement for one positive image media appearance annually by an MLA officer.
- Publication of protocols.
175 Andover Street
Danvers, MA 01923
(978) 762-4433 ext 15
(978) 739-4537 (fax)
SAILS Library Network
547 West Grove St.
Middleboro MA 02346
(508) 946-8600 ext. 30
(508) 946-8601 (fax)
Check out the MLA calendar of events for the next Public Relations meeting
|MLA...Working for you and your library for over 100 years.|
Massachusetts Library Association • P.O. Box 535 • Bedford MA 01730
Ph. (781) 275-7729 * Fax (781) 998-0393